Our credit union participates in the New York Credit Union Association scholarship program awarding the top three candidates as scored by the New York Credit Union Association.
The applicant must be a member in good standing of Olean Area Federal Credit Union who meets all of the following criteria:
- The member is a college-bound high school senior at the time of application.
- The member is attending college for the first time.
- The member will be enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution.
- The member agrees to use any scholarship funds awarded by January 31st of the year following the award year, at an accredited educational institution only.
To apply, eligible members must complete a scholarship application form. Applicants should type or print clearly and use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions.
Other than specified below, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other material of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions. If an applicant is a member of more than one credit union and submits an application to both, only one application will be scored for a state-level award.
Both applications will be considered for any credit union level awards that may be available. Information Requested:
- A high school transcript documenting students’ GPA for grades 9–11;
- An SAT/PSAT/ACT transcript (obtained through the high school guidance office); and
- A typed essay response.
- The applicant and his/her parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the last page of the application form.
- The application, transcripts and essay must be returned to the credit union by the first week of January of the calendar year.
If any portion is incomplete or missing, the application will not be considered.
Judging will be based on both subjective criteria and weighted, objective criteria. These include academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, essay, etc.
2020 Scholarship Applications are now being accepted through January 10, 2020.
2020 Fill & Print Application