Establish membership at Olean Area FCU when you open a primary share savings account. Every credit union member is required to maintain $5 in their primary share savings. Doing so secures your membership with the credit union.
Life happens. It’s always a good idea to have reserves available for those “unexpected” life expenses. A savings account is a great place to set aside extra funds or establish a weekly or monthly deposit from your paycheck, Social Security, pension or any other credit union account. You will earn competitive savings dividends when you maintain a minimum balance of $300.
All credit union members are required to maintain a savings account (we refer to as your primary share savings) where we hold $5, which is your membership interest in the credit union. Should you leave the credit union, your $5 will be made available to you.
Enjoy competitive dividends; our savings rates are tiered based on your account balance. You start earning dividends with a minimum monthly balance of $300, and rest assured, your funds are Federally Insured by NCUA up to $250,000 per depositor.
- No monthly service charge balance requirements.
- Set up regular deposits or transfers from other credit union accounts and watch your balance grow.
- 24-hour access with your ATM or Debit Card, Online or Mobile Banking.
- Link your savings to your checking to prevent overdrafts.*
- Sign up for auto transfer of your credit union loan payments.
*There is a $2 fee for automatic transfer from checking to savings to cover an overdraft.
Primary Share Savings FAQ
Q: What do I need to open a savings account?
A: The following:
- Valid (not expired) Photo Identification
- Proof of Address if it is different from your Photo ID
- Social Security Card (A Birth Certificate is acceptable on Youth Accounts)