Charitable Donation Guidelines
In support of the credit union philosophy “people helping people,” Olean Area Federal Credit Union supports charitable organizations in the communities where our members work and live. Olean Area Federal Credit Union receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support and community sponsorships.
The following outlines how requests are considered. This assures that Olean Area Federal Credit Union’s charitable financial resources are used to best serve our membership. As these guidelines do not cover every possible request, exceptions may be made in granting contributions and/or community sponsorships.
Contributions are made to organizations that serve the communities in which a majority of our members and potential members work or live. In general, support is given to organizations that provide for the health, education and welfare needs of our members and potential members.
Requests for sponsorships to civic, recreational or charity events, programs and publications located within our field of membership will be considered. As a sponsor, Olean Area Federal Credit Union expects to receive published advertising or name recognition from the requesting organization or group.
Requests must be submitted in writing using the Donation Request Application & W-9 form available below. Completed request forms, W-9 forms, and any supporting documentation can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Applications must be received within 30 days prior to your event.
- Consideration will be based on funds availability.
- Priority will be given to Olean Area Federal Credit Union member and/or Business Partners.
- Donations may be monetary, property, services, or volunteer support.
Preference will be given to requests that:
- Are located within the credit union’s field of membership.
- Reflect the mission and core values of Olean Area Federal Credit Union.
- Are relevant to a majority of members.
- Fulfill a relevant need and benefit the community at large.
We will NOT consider requests for the following:
- Operating or administrative costs to run an organization or business.
- The promotion of any religious or political organizations or events.
- Organizations which represent a conflict of interest to the Credit Union.
- Individual sponsorship of sport activities or beauty pageants, including travel and competition costs.
- Direct contributions to individuals or families in need.